Senior Cubers Worldwide - Bi-weekly Competition
This is the bi-weekly video competition for the Senior Cubers Worldwide group on Facebook.
The general concept is to use the scrambles provided and to record your solves on camera. The video can be uploaded directly to Facebook or uploaded to YouTube and the link shared on Facebook.
This serves as a good way of practicing for actual WCA competitions where nerves can be a big factor in your results. It allows anyone to ask for critique of their solves, provide encouragement to others and watch faster solvers for inspiration.
To encourage wide participation in the competition we also offer prizes, kindly provided by TheCubicle. An explanation of the prize draw system can be found on the prizes page.
All of the competitions can be found in the group calendar on Facebook.
Here are the links that you will be needing to use on a regular basis:
- You can find all of the scramble sheets via the index (PDF only) or GitHub (PDF + text).
- In addition to posting your video on Facebook you will need to submit your results using the Google form.
- You can view all of the latest submissions via Google analytics or via the linked Google sheet.
- You can find all of the past results and personal profiles on the results page.
- You can view the past winners (either $5 or $10 gift cards for TheCubicle) via the linked Google sheet.
Note: The weekly competition awarded $5 prizes. The bi-weekly competition offers $10 prizes.
The rules are fairly straightforward and are detailed on the separate event pages:
- 3x3x3+ includes 2x2x2, 3x3x3, One-Handed and Megaminx
- 4x4x4+ includes 4x4x4, 5x5x5, 6x6x6 and 7x7x7
- Short includes Pyraminx, Skewb, Square-1 and Clock
- BLD includes 3BLD, 4BLD and 5BLD. MultiBLD will be added at a later date.
- FMC is dedicated to FMC
The FAQ page page contains a list of “frequently asked questions” and answers.